Oh, hi. Somehow it is already 5:00 p.m. and I’m just getting around to posting today. (Thanks Monday. You got me. You still have the power to be a total B sometimes.) Friends, as you ease your way into your week and start making your lists of things to do, I made a couple of lists myself.
This week will mark two months since I left my job. These lists below are a bit of reflection on what is awesome and not so awesome about my new(ish) situation at home so far.
- Breakfast at home (read: pancakes)
- Not wearing makeup (BTW, I thought this article, The Makeup Tax, was so interesting!)
- Making appointments/scheduling (what time works for you?!)
- Staying up later
- Not having to set an alarm
- Making lunches in the a.m.
- Discovering new places every week
- Not sitting behind a desk all day (<— my legs are so happy)
- Listening to music instead of conference calls
- Teaching the girls and witnessing them learning
- Going to the library
- Taking Harper to ballet
- Not having to dry clean clothes
What kind of bums me out
- Not getting a paycheck
- Nap time fights
- Feeling like CJ Wyatt in Baby Boom
- How freaking dirty my car is
- Assuming the homemaker role (housework is a lot like kryptonite)
- Having to make more of an effort to stay up on current events
- Still not having all the time in the world I thought I would
The great news…one list is notably longer than the other.
Hope you showed this Monday who is boss. (I’m still working on it!) Thanks for checking in. xo