Hey guys, happy flashback Friday! That’s my mom, in 1976 at Monterey Beach. She was competing in a sailboat race (and lost) but still made the paper! Only my mother, who gets worse motion sickness than me, loves sailing so much that she grins and bears it (in a bikini no less) no matter how many times she has to “feed the fish”. She and my dad actually once turned a boat around on their way to Catalina island because she was just too sick to make the trip.
Here is a collection of 10 lovely Mother’s Day gifts with my mom in mind. (Sadly, a cure to motion sickness is not one of them.) Pssst! Mom – spoiler alert!
- Walnut tablet stand | To help prop up that new recipe she’s dying to try.
- Marble coasters | Because she’s always asking you to use one.
- Copper watering can | Something she for sure won’t hide under the sink.
- Vintage bird personalized stationery | Since she’s the one who taught you to love snail mail.
- Modern dinner bells | Because they are fun and she would really use one.
- Glass straws | For grownup drinks. A step up from the kind she gives her granddaughters.
- Take note candle | Because she believes nothing holds a candle to your thoughtful words.
- Ceramic bird feeder | To treat the ones she talks to in the yard.
- Citrus wreath | To brighten any room, just like her.
- Mom engraved idiom bangle | Engraved with her greatest hits like go play outside and sit up.
Have a great weekend! We’ll see you back here on Tuesday. xo
P.S. The $100 Parabo Press giveaway is open until midnight tonight! If you haven’t already done so, check out my square prints here and leave a comment for a chance to win. The winner will be selected at random and contacted directly by email tomorrow. Good luck! [This giveaway is now closed.]